IRIS Scheme Owner
The IRIS Scheme Owner has overall responsibility for IRIS Standard and Certification Scheme design, governance, credibility, performance and ongoing improvement.
The Scheme Owner is also has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Is responsible for development and maintenance of the IRIS Standard, its consultation and revisions
- Is responsible for building of, and revisions to, the certification scheme requirements (jointly with the Scheme Manager)
- Define, develop, maintain and deliver (jointly with the Scheme Manager) training of IRIS auditors and others, as required
- Coordinate capacity building activities for Labour Recruiters
- Is responsible for stakeholder engagement and advocacy work
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 172 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
IRIS is currently being developed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and a consortium of stakeholders. IOM serves as the secretariat, hosting the IRIS project management and coordination team. IRIS is able to leverage IOM’s institutional and operational infrastructure for its development and operationalization.